As project documents and presentation materials are published, you’ll see them appear here.
Draft Code Documents
Please visit the Contact page to submit feedback on these materials.
Release of 1st Batch of Draft Code (1-31-22)
The DRAFT Zoning Map and Use Table were made available for public review on January 31, 2022. At a series of Community Meetings in February 2022, we explored the Zoning Map, along with the associated Use Table and other development standards.
- DRAFT Zoning Map
- Video Tour of DRAFT Zoning Map
- ZAP Swipe Map comparing existing districts to DRAFT districts
- PDFs of DRAFT Zoning by Quadrant (for printing)
- DRAFT Upzone Map – map showing areas proposed to be “upzoned” from Low Density Residential (R-1) to Medium Density Residential (MDR)*
- DRAFT Article 3 – Use Table and Use Permissions
- DRAFT Article 13 – Use Standards and Definitions
- Map of 3- and 4-Family Homes – map showing where 3- and 4-family homes are currently located, relative to the proposed Low Density Residential (LDR) District
- Map of Drive-Thru Restaurants – map showing location of drive-thru restaurants in the city and in close proximity to the city, relative to the proposed ZAP districts
*See the ZAP Swipe Map to observe other areas upzoned or downzoned.
Release of 2nd Batch of Draft Code (5-23-22)
Provided at the City Planning Commission pre-meeting on May 23, 2022, this batch of draft code released is focused on design and dimensional standards for each of the zoning districts, along with General Development Standards and Accessory Uses & Structures.
DRAFT Articles 2 through 10, 13 through 15, and 25 – includes table of contents that lists the subject of each Article
Release of 3rd Batch of Draft Code (anticipated mid-2023)
This final batch of draft code will include Articles related to parking, signage, landscaping, urban renewal districts, planned development districts, and administrative procedures.
The Placemaking Plan Map from the Rochester 2034 Comprehensive Plan is the foundation for the DRAFT Zoning Code and Map. Adopted in 2019, this award-winning plan presents a vision and guidance for where different land uses are appropriate across the city, along with guidance for building and site design. You can read more about The Placemaking Plan here.
Other Informational Materials:
- Frequently-Heard ZAP Topics
- Document – a summary of various topics that frequently came up in the 700+ comments received as of April 21, 2022, as discussed with CPC on May 10, 2022
- Public Comments Received as of April 21, 2022
- Equity and ZAP
- Flexibility and ZAP
- Supporting and Fostering Homeownership
- Existing Zoning Code
Reports to City Boards and Commissions
- CPC Meetings to Review 2nd Batch of Draft Code
- CPC Meeting to Review Summary of Comments Received (May 10th, 2022)
- ZAP Presentation to the City Planning Commission (January 31, 2022)
- ZAP Presentation to the Rochester Environmental Commission (December 9th, 2021)
- ZAP Progress Discussion With the City Planning Commission (May 24th, 2021):
- ZAP Progress Report to the City Planning Commission (May 10th, 2021):
- ZAP Progress Report to the City Planning Commission (April 2021):
- ZAP Report to the City Planning Commission (March 2021)
Public Input Sessions
- ZAP Community Meetings on 2nd Batch of Draft Zoning Code Documents (June 2022)
- ZAP Community Meetings (February 2022)
- ZAP Public Input Session with the City Planning Commission (June 28th, 2021)