As the next step of the Zoning Alignment Project (ZAP), the draft Zoning Code and Map are available to the public for review and comment. The website (www.rochesterzap.com) has been updated with the complete draft code, draft map, a swipe map for comparing the existing and draft maps, and the Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement (DGEIS). The DGEIS discusses the need for the proposed code and map, a description and rationale for what is being proposed, and potential impacts and mitigation of those impacts.
Learn more about the project and review the documents at the following locations:
• Online at www.rochesterzap.com
• All City library branches: https://roccitylibrary.org/location/
• City Hall Permit Office – Room 121B, 30 Church St.
• Your Neighborhood Service Centers (City of Rochester | Neighborhood Service Center Locations)
Informational meetings with City staff to learn more about the ZAP, ask questions, and submit written comments are planned as follows:
A Zoom Webinar
6:30 p.m. on Wednesday Oct. 18
In-person informational meetings:
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8, at the Edgerton R-Center, Stardust Ballroom, 41 Backus St.
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 16, at the Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 29, at the Kusler-Cox Auditorium (3rd Floor of Rundel Memorial Library), 115 South Ave.
Written comments on the documents will be accepted at the informational meetings, through the website comment portal (https://rochesterzap.com/contact/), and/or mailed to:
Matthew Simonis, Manager of Zoning
City Hall – Room 125B
30 Church St.
Rochester, NY 14614
In addition, two public hearings before the Rochester Environmental Commission will be held on the following dates. Verbal comments will be accepted at these hearings:
- 6: 30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023, at City Council Chambers at City Hall, 30 Church St.
- 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024, in City Council Chambers at City Hall, 30 Church St.
Comments will be accepted through Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2024.